State Pricing for Trip and Fuel Permits
Tennessee 72-Hour Trip Permit - $59.95 (3 Days)
An IRP 72-Hour trip permit is required prior to entering a jurisdiction for any vehicle having a registration, but not registered or apportioned for a particular jurisdiction. This permit allows both inter or intra movement in Tennessee.
Trip permits are required for any freight motor vehicle that has:
- Three or more axles, including the steer but not counting the trailer.
- That has a gross weight of twenty-six thousand pounds, 26,000 lbs, or more.
Tennessee 7-Day Fuel Permit - $59.95 (7 Days)
A temporary fuel use permit is available to freight motor vehicles operated over the highways of Tennessee on an occasional or infrequent basis. The permit may be issued for a period of time not to exceed seven consecutive days and shall be valid only for the particular vehicle for which it has been issued. The 7-Day Temporary Fuel Use Permit is required prior to entering Tennessee. In lieu of licensing under the IFTA, persons may elect to satisfy motor fuels use tax obligations on a trip-by-trip basis.
Fuel permits are required for any qualified motor vehicle that has:
- Two (2) axles and a gross vehicle weight or registered gross vehicle weight exceeding 26,000 lbs; or
- Having three (3) or more axles regardless of weight; or
- Is used in combination, when the weight of such combination exceeds twenty-six thousand pounds.
Penalties could include the following:
- Fines of $100 to $500
- Vehicle Seizure
- You may be required to purchase a permit before continuing with your journey.
Instant Permits offers you a safe, secure, and immediate way to obtain your temporary fuel and trip permits. All you need is access to the Internet and you can purchase your temporary permits online. Simply download and print your permit, or we can email or fax it to you. You can also buy trip permits online using the same quick and easy method.
Instant Permits provides a fast and easy way to obtain your trip permits. Not in your office? No problem, with Instant Permits you can get your permits sent where ever you need. Instant Permits also provides access to all of your past orders for record keeping.
Required Information for Obtaining an Instant Permit
By Tennessee state law, both company and vehicle information are required to obtain an instant trip and/or fuel permit.
Gross Vehicle Weight
State of Issuance