Maine IRP & IFTA (ME Trip & Fuel)
State Pricing for Trip and Fuel Permits
IRP TRIP PERMIT (3 days)
State Fee - $59.95
An IRP 72-Hour Trip Permit is issued in lieu of IRP plates for travel within Maine.This permit allows both inter or intra State movement in Maine.
Trip permits are required for any vehicle that has the following:
- Three or more axles, including the steer but not counting the trailer.
- That has a gross or registered weight that exceeds 26,000 lbs.
IFTA TRIP PERMIT (3 days)
State Fee - $84.95
A Temporary Fuel Permit is issued in lieu of IFTA licensing for travel within Maine.
- No more than 3 permits can be obtained per calendar year.
- Permits required for vehicles that have three or more axles, including the steer but not counting the trailer
- And for vehicles with a gross or registered weight that exceeds 26,000 lbs.
Penalties could include the following:
- Vehicle Seizure
- You may be required to purchase a permit before continuing with your journey
Instant Permits offers you a safe, secure, and immediate way to obtain your temporary trip permits. All you need is access to the Internet and you can purchase your temporary permits online. Simply download and print your permit, or we can email or fax it to you.
Instant Permits provides a fast and easy way to obtain your trip permits. Not in your office? No problem, with Instant Permits you can get your permits sent where ever you need. Instant Permits also provides access to all of your past orders for record keeping.
Required Information for Obtaining an Instant Permit
By state law, both company and vehicle information are required to obtain an instant permit.
Contact us today if you would like further information, or if you need assistance.