Florida IRP & IFTA (FL Trip & Fuel)

State Pricing for Trip and Fuel Permits

International Registration Plan Trip Permit - $75.00

Temporary Fuel Use Permit - $90.00

Expiration Time - Permits are valid for 10 days from the date of issue, and must be carried in the vehicle at all times while you're in Florida.

The State of Florida does not provide refunds. Coast2Coast does not provide refunds.

Do I Need a Permit?

Any vehicle NOT in compliance with the following WILL need a Fuel-Use Permit or IFTA Trip Permit:

  • Your truck or tractor licensing is based in Florida
  • Florida is listed on your Apportioned Registration CAB card
  • Your truck or tractor's registered weight DOES NOT exceed 26,000 lb.
  • Your vehicle DOES NOT have 3 or more axles
  • Your truck has an IFTA sticker
  • Your vehicle is used only for recreational purposes
  • Your vehicle is government-owned

Florida Trip Permit Requirements

A Florida IRP Trip Permit is required for any vehicle that is operating in Florida with a non-IRP registration issued in a jurisdiction other than Florida. The Florida IRP Trip Permit is valid for ten (10) days for a fee of $32.00 (plus wire service fees) and is available through one of the various wire service companies. Out-of-state carriers MUST secure a Trip Permit prior to entering the State of Florida. The Trip Permit must remain with the vehicle while in the state. Florida-based carriers that do not have an IRP registration and need to travel in another jurisdiction, must either contact that jurisdiction to obtain a trip permit, or register their vehicle under the IRP in Florida.

Temporary Fuel Use Permit Requirements

Vehicles subject to the provisions of Chapter 207, Florida Statutes, (fuel taxes) must secure an International Fuel Tax Agreement (IFTA) decal or a Temporary Fuel Use Permit before operating over Florida highways or the highways of any IFTA jurisdiction.

See Chapter 207


Penalties can range from $100 to $500. Are you planning to do business in, or travel through Florida? If you have a vehicle registered outside the state of Florida, regulations state that temporary trip (IFTA) and fuel-use permits must be purchased before you enter the state or else you will be subject to seizure of your vehicle. If seizure of your vehicle occurs your vehicle will not be released until all money is paid to the state.

Click Permits

Click Permits offers you a safe, secure, and immediate way to obtain your temporary fuel permits. All you need is access to the Internet and you can purchase your temporary permits online. Simply download and print your permit, or we can email or fax it to you.


Click Permits provides a fast and easy way to obtain your trip permits. Not in your office? No problem, with Click Permits you can get your permits sent wherever you need.

Required Information for Obtaining a permit

By Florida state law, both company and vehicle information are required to obtain a trip and/or fuel permit.


  • Company Name

  • Address

  • City

  • State

  • Zip


  • Owner/Lessee

  • VIN

  • Operator/Driver

  • Make

  • Year

  • License #

  • Base State

  • Unit #